What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lost internet & gmail connection

goldilkx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After recharging my ipad1 (as I have done for years) I was surprised to discover that I can no longer access my gmail account or log onto the internet. I get a message that IMAP server is not responding. I have checked my gmail accoumt to make sure that imap access is checked and noted that my samsung smartphone and tab3 + my ipad are all listed on my account.

I don't know what to do and I really don't want to lose all the stuff (photos, music, etc)
the wi-fi seems to be okay

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's just the iPad that can't access the account, it's most possibly a problem with the internet connection.

To resolve this, here's what you could try:
Restart your device - turn it off and on again.
Disable Wi-Fi and enable it again.
Go to Wi-Fi in your settings and forget the network, then set it up again.
Turn off the router and turn it on again.
Make sure the router is up to date.

Additionally, delete the Gmail account from your iPad and set it up again. In case the account is affected as well, this should get it working again.

Most reactions

Latest posts