What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Losing power overnight

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there any iPad Mini 5 owner out there who also encountered idle battery drain overnight? It's not critical (around 2%), but it's there. I have no idea whether this is an iPadOS or iPad Mini 5 issue, or a faulty battery, as I bought the device just a little over a week ago. And thus far, I never encountered any overnight battery drain whatsoever with my iOS devices. Even my iPhone which is around 2 years old, loses zero power during an idle radio silence night.
The 2% overnight drain (sometimes it was 3 or even 4%) happens despite iPad being in airplane mode, and background refresh turned off. Nothing consistent or out of the ordinary could be seen on the Battery settings page, and there was no drain if the devices was powered off (I suppose this rules out the battery being bad).

Most reactions

Latest posts