What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my mini's battery life makes me a bit worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
M

mesmerized

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That also a mini? The full size iPads have larger batteries, and generally last longer in my experience.

I guess if the actual usage in those 13hours is not using much actual processing power, then it is more than possible. Anything that is doing a lot of transmitting (data heavy) or video processing will chew the power quicker.

Yeah, a mini as well

He told me he's been using it in the following fashion:

Listening and downloading music
Reading books
Playing some games (just 1h)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the info dhewson!

Well, I just got shocked. A friend of mine has the following results:

Remaining power: 51%
Usage: 13h05min
Standby: 2d2h

How is that possible?

13 hours is not shocking if that's all he's using it for. It's possible because most of what he's doing requires little juice. If you want the same battery life, do what he does. Lol.

OP
M

mesmerized

iPF Noob
Reaction score
13 hours is not shocking if that's all he's using it for. It's possible because most of what he's doing requires little juice. If you want the same battery life, do what he does. Lol.

hehe... yeah, well...

I'm just wondering if I should go to Apple service center or not. Last time I had some problems they just gave me a new Ipad ;) But if you guys are saying everything is OK with my Ipad's battery then I guess it's pointless. I just wanna make sure it'll last long enough.

It just makes me wonder how quickly the battery level goes down from 100% to 90%. Sometimes a drop is must a matter of minutes.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are not having problems. If you showed them this thread, they would say you are getting more than promised.

Various things impact battery life...screen on time, screen brightness (big), cpu/gpu use, gps/location services, music, video, etc. No two people are going to get exactly the same results unless they set their ipads exactly the same way and do exactly the same things for the exact same time, starting from batteries with the same history, conditioning, and charge levels. And even then there can be slight variation between units because batteries themselves are spec'ed to deliver within a range, not to an exact value. The same can be said about the various components used to make the iPad.

OP
M

mesmerized

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are not having problems. If you showed them this thread, they would say you are getting more than promised.

Various things impact battery life...screen on time, screen brightness (big), cpu/gpu use, gps/location services, music, video, etc. No two people are going to get exactly the same results unless they set their ipads exactly the same way and do exactly the same things for the exact same time, starting from batteries with the same history, conditioning, and charge levels. And even then there can be slight variation between units because batteries themselves are spec'ed to deliver within a range, not to an exact value. The same can be said about the various components used to make the iPad.

Thanks.

Well, I've turned off all notifications and yet... Gmail and some games notifications pop up once in a while. I wanna turn them off forever but is it even possible?

By the way, is there a difference between Ipads sold in the US and for example China?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your iPad is performing well with in what it is designed for. By all means follow what has been recommended but at the end of the day I suggest you just charge it every night and move on as it really is not an issue.

iPads sold any where in the world are manufactured in China. The only variation is there are at least 2 or 3 models for the celluar version to accommodate the different 4g (LTE) standards world wide.other than that they are identical.

Hope that helps.

OP
M

mesmerized

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks.

Well, right now my Ipad is at 65% with 7h45min of usage. I've been using it to chat online, surf the net and play a bit of games. Looks like I'm not gonna get close to those 13h a friend of mine got. I have no idea how he could possibly get it!

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks.

Well, right now my Ipad is at 65% with 7h45min of usage. I've been using it to chat online, surf the net and play a bit of games. Looks like I'm not gonna get close to those 13h a friend of mine got. I have no idea how he could possibly get it!

For goodness sake!!!
You went 7.75 hrs on 35% so far, so 100% should run almost 3 times that!!

Unless my maths is out, if you continue to use it in the same way you ought to get about 22 hours!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have answered the question, there is no need to continue with back and forth about a non issue regard battery life and the mini with that this thread is closed.

Colin
iPad forums Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts