What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lose of photos and video

K.M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 has lost all my photos and videos. i just got home from a 3 week trip in Europe and had taken all my pictures and videos WITH my iPad 2, then when i went to sync it with my iTunes on my laptop again i lost all the pictures and videos!!! anyone know how i can get them back or what happened or if i even can get them back?!? thanks!!!

Kate
Canada

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Kate and welcome to the forum...wish it were under better circumstances. When you sync'd your iPad with iTunes, was it on the same computer that you originally used to set up your iPad? Also, under the "Photos" tab, did you have "Sync Photos" checked? Generally you would have to confirm a pop-up warning that all data or photos will be deleted before they will be removed. About the only time that would happen is if you tried syncing your iPad with more than one computer.

At any point did you run a backup (via iTunes on any computer) while the photos were on your iPad?

Let us know a few more details and hopefully we can help.

There is one App that claims to be able to recover lost photos on an iPad but it looks like it only works if you backed up your iPad at some point. I've never used it, but it might be worth a look:

http://picturescueapp.com/

Also, feel free to use the forum's search feature (upper left-hand corner of every page) to find more answers to any questions you may have.

Check the links below my signature to get the most out of our forum as well as your iPad too.

Best of luck and we'll look forward to hearing back from you.

Welcome again!

Last edited:
OP
K

K.M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Rich, thanks for you feed back! Yes it was the same computer. when i plugged it in it said would i like to restore your iPad ( because i forgot to mention that it was a different iPad, while i was in Europe my original iPad 2 was stolen to i got i new one and it was set up to be the exact same one) but when i plugged it is i guess it restored all the old stuff from the last iPad so without warning deleted everything i had done while away. i dont think there is anything i can do now but im going to take it into the apple store and see what they say. thanks for the help though :) very much appreciated!

Kate :)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Rich, thanks for you feed back! Yes it was the same computer. when i plugged it in it said would i like to restore your iPad ( because i forgot to mention that it was a different iPad, while i was in Europe my original iPad 2 was stolen to i got i new one and it was set up to be the exact same one) but when i plugged it is i guess it restored all the old stuff from the last iPad so without warning deleted everything i had done while away. i dont think there is anything i can do now but im going to take it into the apple store and see what they say. thanks for the help though :) very much appreciated!

Kate :)
Ah, got it. Darn, that's too bad then. I'm not sure anything else can be done, but best of luck and let us know what they have to say!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi Kate - welcome to the forum! :) Boy, a sad story, i.e. your iPad stolen and then the 'new' one restored - sorry for your misfortunes - :(

You seem to have your 'old' iPad back but I agree w/ your assessment about the loss of the trip photos - hope your local Apple store has some advice - good luck!

OP
K

K.M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks so much!! :) im hoping i can figure it out.

Most reactions

Latest posts