What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for PDF reflow reader

l..k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Do you know an app for reading PDF on iPad with full reflow? I would like to read PDF like an ePub in iBooks. Looking for total control of text size but do not loose images and vector graphics.

eyeojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
l..k said:
Hi! Do you know an app for reading PDF on iPad with full reflow? I would like to read PDF like an ePub in iBooks. Looking for total control of text size but do not loose images and vector graphics.

I use Mendeley, but this may be more than you need as is science app. But it's free...check it out!

OP
L

l..k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Mendeley, but this may be more than you need as is science app. But it's free...check it out!

Just downloaded but it is useles without online account. Will test later... Anyway it seems that it would be cumbersome as iOS does not recognize it as PDF viewer - I opened PDF on the web and I got only option to open it in Bluefire or iBooks. I guess that with Mendeley one need to upload the document into the cloud first and then can read/download with the app.
But thanks for reply!

eyeojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoodReader is the way to go apparently, I know Scott Tim is a fan!

AJTaliesen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen goodreader recommended a few times. I payed for this app myself, and after using it...

I gotta think Mac users just don't really know what reflow means, or what kind of goodness they are missing out on. It's still the one area Android is winning.

If you know anything about coding do us a favor...go to the verizon store or best buy...pick up a galaxy tab and use the text reflow feature on the built-in thinkfree app.

Create that for ipad and charge me $10. I'll happily pay and recommend it to others.

(For those who haven't tried it...goodreader DOES have reflow...but it's super crappy, has no good options in reflow mode, switches to vertical scroll, and although it does reflow the text, it still, on resize extends the text beyond the screen area below...thus negating the ENTIRE purpose of using reflow in the first place. It makes me think of what someone might come up with if they had heard of text reflow, but never actually seen it and didn't spend much time trying to make sense of what they'd heard).

Most reactions

Latest posts