What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for an App

Fearless50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys
I really need help
I'm looking for an Ipad App (Don't know if it exists)
I need it to read PDF files
I want to be able to load PDF files into it and that it would display the covers like so:
2011-09-13_144556.jpg
and when you select an image it will open the entire pdf for browsing like a book

If there is an option to annotate them it will be great!
Please HELP!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Some clarification might help - on my iPad Air 2, I use either iBooks or GoodReader to store and read PDF files - but you seem to want to load 'individual' PDF files for each book and then have an app show them in kind of the 'cover flow' viewing mode of OS X, and finally be clickable to view the selected PDF - let us know if my interpretation is correct? If not please explain further - Dave

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My understanding is that you want to display the pdf books as shown in the photo - i.e. It is the bookshelf display that is important. I don't know of anything that does this, but if this is what you want, then perhaps someone will come up with a solution. Btw, very nice bookshelf layout. Any good at programming....?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have two ebook reader apps that display my books in cover flow format like you want but unfortunately neither allows downloading PDF documents. iBooks and Kindle are both excellent for viewing PDFs, but don't utilize the cover flow arrangement.

OP
F

Fearless50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Thank you for the warm welcome :)
and thank you for trying to help!
hopefully someone will know of one
Dave - You got it right, if you have any idea I would be glad for your help

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Thank you for the warm welcome :)
and thank you for trying to help!
hopefully someone will know of one
Dave - You got it right, if you have any idea I would be glad for your help

Hello again - thanks for the information; the two PDF readers that I mentioned are not going to accomplish your goal(s) - another poster made a suggestion - I believe that you'll have to wait for others to respond who may have a specific recommendation or search for PDF programs in the App Store - sorry. Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I agree PDF Reader Pro is an excellent PDF reading and annotation app; but it does not have a cover flow view. And I don't know of any PDF reader that does.

The reason I asked the OP why this view was needed was so we could, maybe, offer suggestions that would work just as well, if not the same. But without a reply, we have no idea if PDF Reader Pro or any other PDF app is acceptable.

Most reactions

Latest posts