1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iBooks will support PDF

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Casicrina, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Casicrina

Casicrina iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Recently, Apple announces that its iBook will soon support PDF.
    That means, we Mac users can view PDF ebooks on our iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. That’s great! :clap:But I am still not sure it could help wrap text automatically. I ever like to use PDF to ePub Converter to transfer PDF ebooks to iPad. Maybe that means, I never need PDF to EPub Converter anymore?
  2. jecastej

jecastej iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not sure about this and it is a bit early to tell. We need more information to see what features will be implemented. Macs already print everything in PDF but this is not the most efficient way to publish in the PDF format. This may have something to do with PDF's rights on OSX so we need to still buy Adobe Acrobat for full support. Remember PDF is Adobe creation and not Apple's own. But does it imply Apple is going to implement an option to print to PDF for iBooks? Or will Apple leave that to Adobe or 3rd party software creators?. And the conversion from one format to another with the DRM or without that may need an update or a new software.
  3. RobertBasil

RobertBasil iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0