What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for App for my Daughter

fortuitious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app that puts numbered icons on the home screen where each number will automatically take you to the selected screen number?

I had an app like this for my JB iPhone a while back. Home screen was just icons numbered 1 thru 9. Depending on what number you tapped, it automatically took you to the icons for that screen.

Is there an app available for the iPad that will do the same?

Thx

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there an app that puts numbered icons on the home screen where each number will automatically take you to the selected screen number?

I had an app like this for my JB iPhone a while back. Home screen was just icons numbered 1 thru 9. Depending on what number you tapped, it automatically took you to the icons for that screen.

Is there an app available for the iPad that will do the same?

Thx

On a stock iPad, no, I'm afraid not.

However, on a jail broken iPad, you might want to take a look at the tweak PageJumps. That's what I'm currently using on my jail broken iPhone 5 and it works great. However, I've never tried this tweak on my iPad when it was jailbroken - so I couldn't tell you if it works ... or how well it works on an iPad.

Again, this is not possible on a stock device. Only a jail broken one...

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You could do something (very slightly) similar. Create nine folders, number them 1-9, and put the apps you want in each folder.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also not what you want, but I though I'd mention it anyway, in case you don't like swiping.

If you tap on the dots just above the dock the you can quickly move to the next or previous screens. Tap on the left most or right most dots to move in the same direction.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also not what you want, but I though I'd mention it anyway, in case you don't like swiping.

If you tap on the dots just above the dock the you can quickly move to the next or previous screens. Tap on the left most or right most dots to move in the same direction.

Okay, after spending a few minutes fascinated by this ... this is pretty kewl! Don't know how you found this, but it entertained the heck out of me! :)

Now, I want more. Make it so touching a dot makes the iPad go to that page instead of just advancing one (though tapping quickly on either side makes the pages keep turning ... and you can tap/turn pages pretty quickly).

Told you I spent a bit playing with this. And yes, I know - I've got to get out more. :D

Marilyn

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks Mike, another very interesting thing to know about the iPad....but geez, you have to have a skinny finger to be a maestro at that LOL.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, another very interesting thing to know about the iPad....but geez, you have to have a skinny finger to be a maestro at that LOL. Andrew Sent from Oz using Tapatalk
Not really. :)
You only need to tap the dots at each end, to swipe to the next page. It even lets you swipe this way if you don't tap accurate. (Tried that before.)

Edit: I also could use those in the middle. It simply needs a "general direction" which side you want to swipe to.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Okay, after spending a few minutes fascinated by this ... this is pretty kewl! Don't know how you found this, but it entertained the heck out of me! :)

Now, I want more. Make it so touching a dot makes the iPad go to that page instead of just advancing one (though tapping quickly on either side makes the pages keep turning ... and you can tap/turn pages pretty quickly).

Told you I spent a bit playing with this. And yes, I know - I've got to get out more. :D

Marilyn

Yes, wellllll, I didn't find it. I read about it in some blog post somewhere, gave it a quick try, and basically forgot about it until this thread reminded me. That's pretty much how I, ahem, find most things.

I was kind of hoping that tapping individual dots would move you to that page too. Should have known better. If Apple had enabled that ability they would have also (probably) placed the dots far enough apart that you could be sure of tapping the one you wanted. Even the current method is kind of tricky if you don't have more than four or five home screens.

I'm about to get out more. I meant to go for my walk an hour ago, but kept tying to catch up on the forum first. I'll be up to midnight again trying to catch up on the news, , I'm sure. But that's not unusual for me. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts