What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot see icon of purchased apps

Cofresi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can only find the purchased app by typing in the name in the very first search/type screen, but I cannot see its icon anywhere. I have the same issue with my iphone (200 plus apps).

I tried "joining/combining/merging" multiple app icon sets to no avail.

Could it be that I have too many apps to fit on the finite number of screend alloted to ipad?

Is there a way I can make the icon visible? Thanking you all in advance.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a restriction as to how many icons (apps) can be displayed on the iPad (and the iPhone). The iPad can have 11 pages, with 20 icons per page, the iPhone/iPod can have 9 pages, with sixteen icons per page. Oh, and the iPad can have 6 icons on the dock - the iPhone/iPod can have 4.

[Yes, yes, I know - but I'm talking stock iDevices...:D]

So, if you have more than that many apps on your iDevice, with no folders, then the ones you added last will not show. They'll be on your iPad (which is why you can find them in Spotlight), but you won't see the icon.

Have you tried putting some of your apps into folders? Cause then you can have 20 folders on each of the 11 iPad pages, with 20 icons within each folder. I'm too lazy to do the math :)D), but that's a whole lot of icons that can display.

That's the only reason why I believe you can't see your app(s) - your screens are too full and you need folders.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Marilyn

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, I have the same problem. Icons of purchased apps are missing, but I can invoke the app OK from the search screen...

I've been running my iPad 2 on iOS 4.3.3, jailbroken with Jailbreakme.com until this morning when I decided it was time to upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 ready for the upcoming JB.

However having completed the upgrade I now have this same problem as described above that the icons for recently purchased apps are missing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't tell me you posted onto this thread with reading Marilyn's post which clearly answers your question!?
Scroll up and you'll find your answer.
Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup read it and it made sense... but what it didn't say... that I've now worked out thru some more trial and error... is that after you've put some of the apps into folders you have to resync your iPad with iTunes and then the missing icons will appear. Maybe that would have been obvious to other readers, but I hadn't picked up on it. Hopefully that completes the story for others too.

Most reactions

Latest posts