What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockable Folders containing apps?

SAUERGLOCKS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to lock a folder of apps, specifically safari bookmarks that I have added to a folder. I've found an app in cydia but I'm not jail broken nor do I plan on taking that leap.

Thanks for any help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, jail breaking your iPad is the only way you'll be able to do what you want. Sorry, but there is nothing like that available (you can't lock a folder) with a stock iPad.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If all you want is a lockable list of bookmarks you can use a third part app to store the list. Many third party apps have passcode options for the app or individual folders.

The only app I own that could do this is Evernote. The entire app can be passcoded. You can add notes/links three ways.

Bookmarklet
Email the link to the account's include email address
Copy & Paste.

I maintain a large list of bookmarks in Evernote, mostly related to this forum. It's organizable, searchable, and available on all my devices, or via a browser. I don't bother to passcode lock the app though.

Admittedly I use these mostly to copy&paste into forum posts. Opening the page in Safari is a two step process, so not terribly convenient for that use.

I'm sure there are other apps. Probably even ones specifically for storing bookmarks.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Secret Folder (99 cents, with high ratings, and no jailbreaking needed) lets you store photos, notes, Web bookmarks and such, with passcode protection.

The app also offers a setting to take a photo of anyone who tries to access that app without the right passcode. Of course, iPad 1 has no camera, so that feature won't work on that device.

My Secret Folder's icon appears on your iPad as a folder named My Folder.

OP
S

SAUERGLOCKS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you @Kaykaykay, not exactly what I was looking for but it did the trick and did it without me having to jailbreak.:thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts