What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy app data from a single app to another ipad?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's the thing, I have an app with folders of files (PDFs, music, pics) that totals over 4gb. There are several dozen of folders, each with subfolders. The app has no iCloud support, nor any way to extract all the data in the format of files and folders (the only way to extract from iTunes is by placing the files in the 'public folder' within the app. Today I got the iPad mini, and set it up as a new iPad. The only thing I want from my other iPad transferred over is that app with its data. Does anyone know of a way to transfer that data between the iPads? (Non jail broken iPads)

If the name of the app is relevant, it's 'Documents' by olive toast

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The fastest way would be to simply backup the current iPad, do a restore to the mini and delete what you don't need. Because without iCloud support or the ability to move your files thru iTunes easily, I can't think of a better way, off the top of my head, to accomplish your goal.

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Skull One said:
The fastest way would be to simply backup the current iPad, do a restore to the mini and delete what you don't need. Because without iCloud support or the ability to move your files thru iTunes easily, I can't think of a better way, off the top of my head, to accomplish your goal.

Yeah I was trying to avoid that, but if its my only option then that's what I'll do. Thanks

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Contact the App Developer and ask their advice as well

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, so this is helpful, and it avoids the need to backup and restore. Using iexplorer, one can copy and paste app data. I tested it an it seems to work fine!
Thanks all for your help!

Most reactions

Latest posts