What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock screen

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
if your talking about the switch on the side, it can be changes to either control the screen lock or be a switch to Mute Sound.

OP
A

Applebaum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lockscreen issue.

It's 4.3 version and Ipad 2. No matter what I do it still rotates! frustrating, especially when I'm trying to really view something.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you're saying that you've changed, say, the orientation setting to, say, the 'old' mute switch and that doesn't work and then you've changed it back to the multi-task bar location and, even when you slide it there, it still doesn't work?

That's very strange because it can't be the switch, if you've done the above, and it can't be the accelerometers in the iPad, because they are detecting the orientation of the iPad. It's simply that the reading from the accelerometers - that detect the orientation - are not being inhibited or over-ridden by the lock orientation....very puzzling...

Tim
Scotland
puzzled....

snoitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find it most handy to have the setting on lock orientation. I can always turn the sound down manually.

I like to watch Hulu Plus on the TV via the iPad (love the new digital av adapter) and I like locking the orientation first.

Most reactions

Latest posts