What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loading Theme - Get Dependency Error

Ivanbionic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to install a theme on my ipad but I keep getting gsc.ipad error. I've tried changing <key> ipad <key/> from <true/> to <false/>, but still nothing works. I'm new to jailbreaking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 628

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's odd because I am running that ayecon theme and I don't show that gsc.ipad file as installed on my iPad 3...

All the research I can find seems to show people getting this error if they have tweak(s) installed (or trying to install) that force Siri onto the iPad. Maybe take off those tweaks - if you have them - and try the theme download again?

That's my best shot at it, sorry.

But, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Maybe someone there has run into this and can help. Thanks for your understanding and good luck.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The message means that Cydia no longer thinks you have an iPad, despite it being an iPad. As Marilyn correctly pointed out, this may well be due to installing another tweak or app which has messed with your settings. For example, hacking an iPhone app / tweak onto the device in a non-standard way.

I don't own this theme, but it also doesn't look right that there are two wallpaper packages with the same name being installed. Are these dependencies (and legitimate ones) ?
I couldn't identify them in Cydia on their own when I had a look just now.

OP
I

Ivanbionic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I did try to add a siri tweak and was a bit weird because it said I had to uninstall ayecon. I uninstalled that tweak and the sources, restarted my ipad and was able to download it.

Most reactions

Latest posts