Loading Theme - Get Dependency Error

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Ivanbionic, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Ivanbionic

Ivanbionic iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,
    I'm trying to install a theme on my ipad but I keep getting gsc.ipad error. I've tried changing <key> ipad <key/> from <true/> to <false/>, but still nothing works. I'm new to jailbreaking.

Attached Files:

2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,053 / 0
    That's odd because I am running that ayecon theme and I don't show that gsc.ipad file as installed on my iPad 3...

All the research I can find seems to show people getting this error if they have tweak(s) installed (or trying to install) that force Siri onto the iPad. Maybe take off those tweaks - if you have them - and try the theme download again?

That's my best shot at it, sorry.

But, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Maybe someone there has run into this and can help. Thanks for your understanding and good luck.

Marilyn

3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +636 / 0
    The message means that Cydia no longer thinks you have an iPad, despite it being an iPad. As Marilyn correctly pointed out, this may well be due to installing another tweak or app which has messed with your settings. For example, hacking an iPhone app / tweak onto the device in a non-standard way.

I don't own this theme, but it also doesn't look right that there are two wallpaper packages with the same name being installed. Are these dependencies (and legitimate ones) ?
    I couldn't identify them in Cydia on their own when I had a look just now.

4. Ivanbionic

Ivanbionic iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you very much. I did try to add a siri tweak and was a bit weird because it said I had to uninstall ayecon. I uninstalled that tweak and the sources, restarted my ipad and was able to download it.