What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liquid damage indicators 3rd gen. Ipad

iFantastic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering if 'the new iPad' has any liquid damage indicators? I've heard that they can trigger in humid conditions, so wondering if I should pay extra for AppleCare+ just in case when I get mine as I understand that this covers you for liquid damage too.

Many thanks

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering if 'the new iPad' has any liquid damage indicators? I've heard that they can trigger in humid conditions, so wondering if I should pay extra for AppleCare+ just in case when I get mine as I understand that this covers you for liquid damage too.

Many thanks

Unlike overheating, I don't believe there is an automatic cut-off of the iPad where you use it in excess humidity. (Eg in the tropics).
But high humidity can cause condensation in your machine if say you move into a colder room and could possibly affect conductivity and electrical resistance resulting in possible short circuiting.

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you have such extreme climate conditions. Of course if you often use your iPad sitting on the edge of a pool I would definitely consider the extra warranty (smile)
Regards, Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts