What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 3rd gen back shell

Newf709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for an iPad 3rd gen back shell that is compatible with the smart cover, has a rubbery feel, and has a peace you can remove or flip up on the back so you can dock the iPad on the Apple iPad dock. Oh yea and I want it to be black or grey is that too much to ask? The most difficult part of what I'm looking for is the compatibility with the Apple iPad dock.

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Belkin snap shield
Incipio feather
Cimo TPU case

There's a lot to choose from... Those are just some off the top of my head. Will they all work in conjunction with the dock?... Not sure.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use the TPU HyperShield, gray. It was for my iPad 2, but just fits a bit snugger on the new iPad.

As you said, all good until the dock. I heard of anything that will do that too.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the TPU HyperShield, gray. It was for my iPad 2, but just fits a bit snugger on the new iPad.

This one, The one that you have, does it not add to the weight of the iPad ? Does it not make the iPad more heavy ?

Zeke1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
This one, The one that you have, does it not add to the weight of the iPad ? Does it not make the iPad more heavy ?
Obviously any case would make it heavier, right? :p
Also this review here, some people in the comments don't like it... I honestly just like my CyberAcoustics case, protects and hides the device as if it were a portfolio.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
augustya said:

Anything that offers more than scratch protection is going to add weight. the HyperShield cases are a compromise between bulk/weight and protection; giving you a little of each. The plastic is moderately grippy and has just enough give to avoid feeling hard. It is not the best case of this type, but it is very good for the price; which has gone down since I bought it.

They are also a close, but not perfect, match for the polly Smart Covers in both color and texture.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts