1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Lightening USB mini adaptor

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by peter4711, May 5, 2013.

1. peter4711

peter4711 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why doesn't anyone manufacture a simple mini USB lightening adaptor? There are plenty micro adaptor but no mini.
    I have found ones combined with other connections, usually referred to as camera adapters.

In my car I have 'wired in' mini plug near the wind screen, an ex charging point for a TomTom GPS , I want it to provide power for my iPhone 5 with Garmin GPS app.

I have a micro adaptor for my iPhone 4S, I connected this to a lightening old type connector adaptor but it did not provide power.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  2. peter4711

peter4711 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Found one in 'miniinthebox.com'.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  3. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    To respond to you question, mini USB has been on the way out for a long time.....it is dying a slow death, though. I still have devices that use it, and even some new stuff has it.

Frankly, I don't like eithre mini or micro USBs. They are hard to use. The lightning connector from apple would be a goo replacement, but that will never happen since everyone would have to pay apple to use it.