What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leave my macbook pro at home and only take the iPad

tcugrilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am an outside sales representative that is on the road all day. I am close to being able to leave my macbook pro at home and take only my iPad, but need two things to be able to do so. One, I need Microsoft Outlook or a compatible app for the iPad. If it was a compatible app I would need to be able to import hundreds of past emails into it. Two, I know you can backup the iPad to iTunes, but I need to backup files from ms word, excel, and a note taking program I have grown to love called noteability.

Instead of carrying many brochures and catalogs I am now importing them in to my iPad as pdf files, which is a huge time and space saver. Leaving the computer at home would be great, and I hope someone knows if I can accomplish my goal. If you know how to do this, or know that it can't be done, please let me know.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
tcugrilla said:
I am an outside sales representative that is on the road all day. I am close to being able to leave my macbook pro at home and take only my iPad, but need two things to be able to do so. One, I need Microsoft Outlook or a compatible app for the iPad. If it was a compatible app I would need to be able to import hundreds of past emails into it. Two, I know you can backup the iPad to iTunes, but I need to backup files from ms word, excel, and a note taking program I have grown to love called noteability.

Instead of carrying many brochures and catalogs I am now importing them in to my iPad as pdf files, which is a huge time and space saver. Leaving the computer at home would be great, and I hope someone knows if I can accomplish my goal. If you know how to do this, or know that it can't be done, please let me know.

For Outlook - if you happen to use an exchange server for your email the native email app can be set to synchronize all of them. If you use a POP access then you should see if you could get a IMAP access or similar instead - no need for an outlook app.
Backing up files - I use Dropbox/ Boxnet and am pretty satisfied with both.

Hope it helps.

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Most reactions

Latest posts