What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MacBook Pro

daker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

After using my iPad for about 6 months, I have decided to switch my laptop for a MacBook Pro. I'm fairly settled on the 15 inch as it will need to be portable. Does anyone have a 17 inch they take everywhere that would change my mind to a 17?

Anyway, I am trying to decide if I need to upgrade the processor from 2.4 GHz to the 2.5 GHz. I do everything - video and photo processing, music, and handle huge data sets. Its $300 for the upgrade.

I am planning on upgrading the RAM myself. Anyone have a recommendation on brand to look into for that?

I also am considering installing an SSD myself later on, but is it worth upgrading to the 7200 rpm HD From the 5400 rpm with the same storage capacity for less than $50?

Thanks iPF!

daker

Most reactions

Latest posts