What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is iPages app compatible on iPad and Macbook?

Siily_Boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to the whole apple world and need a bit of advice. I have recently purchased a iPad2 and love it, I have also now purchased a Macbook A1181 second hand and are now using both for work and home use. What i want to do is get iPages. I dont think i need complete iWorks as i doubt i will ever use some of it. I want pages so i can create documents for work and home and then have them synced with iCloud.

I know can purchse iPages app for my iPad but what about my Macbook? Do i need to purchase pages for my Macbook as well or can i purchased on iTunes from my Macbook and then will it be compatible app to use on iPad?

Sorry if these seems a dim question but i have no idea. :confused:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Pages on iOS (iPad) is a subset of Pages on OSX (Mac). They are mostly compatible.

When you import a Mac Pages document from Pages on an iPad, it will rarely need adjustment.

When you import an iPad Pages document from the Mac it may strip some of the advanced features, but otherwise look fine. When the import operation removes features or content it will tell you so and list what was removed. This is true of all the iWorks apps.

iPad >>> Mac = nearly always 100%

Mac >>> iPad = mostly good, but advanced features stripped.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts