What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leave iPad on for a long time.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I broke my iPad screen and will be having the screen repaired by Saturday. Would it hurt to not put my iPad in sleep mode for a few days like 4 the most. The reason for is that when shutting down then turning on the iPad I have to keep turning on and off the iPad until I can see the sign on screed for my password. So question would it arm the iPad to leave on all the time plugged s so the battery does not die out. This will be from now until no longer that Saturday the 4th.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only problem I could foresee is image ghosting, but that's not going to be an issue for you. My iPad is often turned on for days at a time, and doesn't seem to suffer.

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only problem I could foresee is image ghosting, but that's not going to be an issue for you. My iPad is often turned on for days at a time, and doesn't seem to suffer.

The screen is going to be replaced anyway so that will not be an big issue.

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I figured.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

I guess my main concern is will this harm the iPad itself and. It the screen.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess my main concern is will this harm the iPad itself and. It the screen.

Shouldn't. If you're worried about heat buildup just turn the brightness down. My iPad has regularly been on for a week at a time and no ill effects.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It won't harm the iPad. However, may I suggest that if you are going to leave it on - plug it in. Because it will drain the battery to leave it on, even if you are not using it and turn the screen all the way down. The screen is a major power hog. Plugging it in will enSURE it stays on.

You probably were already going to do that. :D But still....

Marilyn

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ironic that after posting in this thread last night, I forgot to turn my iPad off and woke up to a dead battery this morning.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ironic that after posting in this thread last night, I forgot to turn my iPad off and woke up to a dead battery this morning.

Your screen was lit all night?

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In the famous words of Homer Simpson D'oh!!!

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the iPad repaired now. While the repair person had the iPad open to took pictures of the inside. I did not realize how big the batteries are.

I kept the broke part. Turned out not to be the outer glass. It was the glass under the top glass.

Most reactions

Latest posts