What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest OS versions - discussions

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you go to the Macstories site, Federico Viticci has a comprehensive review of iOS 12. He does it ever year. That is where I got the info on the bottom screen gestures. Lots of other great info in that article. Especially about the new shortcuts features; both the app and built in iOS ones.

Fidola13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks like your emoji keyboard button changes position. Maybe that’s what it normally does on the UK keyboard. Can you change to the US keyboard to see if it has the same annoying problem?
it's been like this on mine since using the beta 12 iOS in the us.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apps in the Dock

I don’t think mentioned so far, but experimenting with split screening on my iPad air 2 I can now get up to 13 apps in the dock, whereas it used to be limited to six. This test was in portrait mode, so whether it is more in landscape I have no idea. (I had messed up my preferred app order in the home screen as it was) Also the pro may allow far more.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've noticed a bug in iOS 12 that has the new Measure app included on incompatible devices. It will show up in Settings<General>iPad Storage or in a Spotlight search but will not open. You need an iPad Pro or a 2017 or later iPad to use the measure app.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Force closing apps changed with iOS 12 on the iPhone X. It’s the “slide upwards to force close”, just like on other iPhones and the iPad. It was different with iOS 11 (tap and hold until the red circle with a minus appears, then tap the minus to force close apps).

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Control Centre and ios12

I went to alter something on the Control Centre and I could not access it... The action has changed, so I thought that I would post it in case anyone else is confused. (From Apple)

Open Control Center. Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen. On iPhone X or later or iPad with iOS 12 or later, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.

Hi l could not find it to night, don't like the new way. Anyone know how to change it back??
B.B

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi l could not find it to night, don't like the new way. Anyone know how to change it back??
B.B
The new way of accessing the Control Centre in iOS 12 can't be changed back to the old way as the new way is a built in part of iOS 12.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple released watchOS 5.0.1 with bug fixes (charging problem, issues with Activity Rings).

Canuckgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far I’m liking 12. I really appreciate that the day & date are now beside the time on the upper left corner.

What I can’t figure out is on the right corner. When you turn the ipad on the wifi symbol, battery percentage & a battery with the strength display as before. Now there’s a line underneath this and sometimes control centre symbols. What and why are they there?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So far I’m liking 12. I really appreciate that the day & date are now beside the time on the upper left corner.

What I can’t figure out is on the right corner. When you turn the ipad on the wifi symbol, battery percentage & a battery with the strength display as before. Now there’s a line underneath this and sometimes control centre symbols. What and why are they there?
Control Centre has been moved from the App Switcher. The line simply indicates where you have to swipe down to find it.

Most reactions

Latest posts