Latest OS versions - discussions

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by KevinJS, Dec 3, 2016.

1. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The following updates were released recently:
    iOS and iPadOS 13.6.1 with bug fixes
    macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Supplemental Update
    iCloud for Windows 7 and later - 7.20
    iCloud for Windows 10 and later - 11.3

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Aerofly

Aerofly
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I’m running iPadOS14 Developer beta on my iPad Pro 11” and what I find surprising is that several high profile apps that I use have been updated in the last few days that now fail to run on the new iPadOS14?

I would have thought by now that with the official release of iPadOS14 and iOS14 not that far away now, any update by app developers for whatever reason, would at least run on the beta versions of iOS14.
    This is why I held fire on updating my iPhone as I didn’t want to lose accessibility to my most important apps.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The developers are undoubtedly working to make their apps compatible with iOS and iPadOS 14. They’re working with the same beta that you’re on and the updates to make their apps compatible with the latest version of the beta software are not yet ready.

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Apple released iPadOS and iOS 13.7 today.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Querty

Querty
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My iPad had an update yesterday I wasn’t really paying attention as I was busy but I’m sure I glimpsed something about Covid 19 and no need for an app.

6. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That‘s correct:
    97C4491B-A2FC-4DDF-A2F8-A98CD18A0857.jpeg

7. NSquirrel

NSquirrel
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ios14 went live last night, but with 5hrs download time, I waited until this morning. I have updated one iPhone so far, which took probably about 15/25 mins, to see what the immediate changes are. Most notably, for me, a few widgets seem to have gone (shortcuts and stocks, but they may be accessed differently.)
    iPad next....

8. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Updated everything but my watch. iPad Pro had a weird moment where it refused to admit it had a cellular account, but a reboot fixed that.

Widgets have changed, and not all legacy widgets will work. There are now two ways to add widgets.

The new way is to press the screen until everything starts to jiggle, then tap the (+) at the top left of the screen. I recommend reading up on how it works before starting, or you’ll be fumbling a bit.

Old way is still to use (Edit) at the bottom. You may have to scroll to the bottom of the widgets to see it.

I chose to delete all my old widgets and just use the new ones. The old interactive widgets have a limited shelf life. I figured I might as well get used to the new behavior now.

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  9. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The most recent updates:
    iOS and iPadOS 14.0
    watchOS 7.0
    Safari 14.0 for macOS Mojave and High Sierra
    tvOS 14.0
    Xcode 12.0
    iTunes for Windows 7 and later - 12.10.9

Information is up to date:
    Latest OS versions

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    Well, just did my Apple TV, iPhone XR, and iPad Pro - fairly quick and no problems - now just have Susan's two iDevices. For those upgrading to iOS 14 (does NOT apply to iPadOS - maybe, hopefully, in the future?), one of the most important 'new' features is the App Library - take a look at the link if not familiar with this addition. Should be a 'boom' to those with numerous 'home screens' in which many are a mess, making finding apps a pain in the rear.

The 'App Library' will store all apps on your device in an orderly fashion - apps can be removed from the 'home screens' but remain on the device - probably will not help me much (I have just 2 home screens w/ a lot of specific folders), BUT my wife's iPhone is a mess of home screens, so I've already pointed her to the link above. Good luck w/ the new feature. Dave :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List