What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest IOS IPAD & 5S problem??

JJ_BPK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both my ipad air & iphone 5S are experiencing very low wifi speeds. I have a 40mbps RR service and often exced that speed with my wired PC. BUT the ipad & iphone have been running under 3mbps download. Sometimes I get less than 1mip when standing next to the modem.

I have Brighthouse RR coming today because I think it is their modem, but I wanted to ask to see if it might be rel 7 problem??

I just ran ookla .11mbps down,, 2.54 up, on the air

Thanks

Last edited:

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I seem to have to turn my WiFi off and on a lot since updating on both my iPad Air and iPhone 5. I am using Safari and have Time Warner internet service. My mail (pop3) seems to download very slowly, also. I thought it was me until I read this post and mentioned it to my husband, who is very computer knowledgeable. He said he has had to turn his iPad Mini's WiFi off and on in order to load pages, also.

I have the largest (128?) iPad Air and the 32 iPhone 5.

Yes, we have done hard sets, turned router off and on, etc. We have no issue with the PC's, laptops, or the Mac my husband also uses. They are just the same, which is why we are thinking it has something to do with iOS 7.1.

Has anyone else had this issue?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I seem to have to turn my WiFi off and on a lot since updating on both my iPad Air and iPhone 5. I am using Safari and have Time Warner internet service. My mail (pop3) seems to download very slowly, also. I thought it was me until I read this post and mentioned it to my husband, who is very computer knowledgeable. He said he has had to turn his iPad Mini's WiFi off and on in order to load pages, also. I have the largest (128?) iPad Air and the 32 iPhone 5. Yes, we have done hard sets, turned router off and on, etc. We have no issue with the PC's, laptops, or the Mac my husband also uses. They are just the same, which is why we are thinking it has something to do with iOS 7.1. Has anyone else had this issue?

I was having it a few days back, but now, it has vanished automatically...

Maybe you could try erasing cookies from Settings > Safari

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was having it a few days back, but now, it has vanished automatically... Maybe you could try erasing cookies from Settings > Safari

Thanks. I will try this after I find out what to do if I can't find the password and username to log back in here. Won't do me much good if I lose the ability to get back into this forum. Don't want to create a new username and password.

Please, nobody reply to my password/username issue here. That is not what this thread is about. I have contacted someone. Thanks.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I will try this after I find out what to do if I can't find the password and username to log back in here. Won't do me much good if I lose the ability to get back into this forum. Don't want to create a new username and password. Please, nobody reply to my password/username issue here. That is not what this thread is about. I have contacted someone. Thanks.
Hi caq, please see my PM to you which will solve that cookies/password concern.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from OZ using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts