What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle app for the iPad

alley83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Kindle apps for both my PC and my iPad. For some reason when I sync iPad with iTunes it wont update from PC Kindle. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. If so how did you get it solved? Thanks in advance!

Alley

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With any Kindle reader your books sync from Amazon, over the air. Tap on Archived Items and download the books you want on your device. If you have a Kindle, or another device like and Android phone or iPhone you will find that your place is kept between devices so if you stop reading on page 10 on your iPad and them open the book on your phone you'll be on the same page.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
(EDIT: USBill posted his response while I was typing mine!)

Once you have the Kindle app on your iPad, you are essentially out of the iTunes universe and syncing to Itunes has nothing to do with syncing your books.

In order to get your books in sync with each other, both your computer and your iPad have to be connected to the Internet. If you are reading something on your computer, when you close the program, it sends this information to Amazon. When you start the Kindle app on your iPad, it will check with Amazon and take you to where you left off, but it will only do this if you are connected.

Clear as mud, eh?

Lucryster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would suck to have to sync through itunesto keep all your kindle books synced together.

OP
A

alley83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for helping me with this! I'm still pretty new at the iPad stuff. I can't wait for my brother to get one so I can just have him take of this stuff for me and to show me how to do it! lol...

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or you could download the iPad manual for iBooks. That won't help with 3rd party stuff like the Kindle reader, but it's a good way to get up to speed with the device itself.

Dent6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sync problems

If I am reading my kindle and go to my iPad kindle app it is synced foward to the kindle spot, but if I go forward on the iPad app the kindle will not sync forward to the iPad spot! What is going on?

Most reactions

Latest posts