Keynote presentation om iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad for Business and Education' started by Peter Hersvik, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Peter Hersvik

Peter Hersvik iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,
    I am wondering if you can make the slide black during a keynote presentation. I mean, if you do a slideshow in powerpoint and use a PC the you can just press b on the keybord and the monitor gets black, its good when you want the audience to listen and not look at the pictures...
    Can you do this Wien using an iPad???
  2. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,367 / 0
    Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I've moved your thread to our Business and Education Section where you will receive a better response.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
    Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
    http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
    3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
    We have rules like any Community so please read these also
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

iPad 2 3G 64gb
  3. hpulmer

hpulmer iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    No. You cannot.

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠
  4. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,367 / 0
    I have never used Pages for a power point but couldn't you slip in photos that have been taken in a dark room so they are black.....wouldn't that give the appearance of a black screen? Just a suggestion, haven't a clue if it would work.

hpulmer....your eyes are freaking me out just a tad. :O

iPad 2 3G 64gb
  5. hpulmer

hpulmer iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Sorry leelai, that is my only pic with contacts removed ;)

I have tried the above (though it is more easy to insert a black shape instead of a dark photo). In keynote itself you cannot paste a link to that slide (which is possible in PowerPoint on the PC - I did not know about the "b" trick), so it would have to be placed exactly there where the OP would need the screen off... what I understand he just wants to have it go dark from time to time in certain moments when his audience does not pay the necessary attention to him...

How about remotely putting the beamer to energysave or (of course depending on the location of the beamer) placing a cardboard in front of the lens?

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠
  6. Bob11

Bob11 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Peter - just curious: are you displaying your presentation using an LCD projector? If so, don't those usually come with a separate controller? Mine does, and I believe it will allow you to black or freeze the screen. Might be wrong, but worth checking.
  7. LocalFiveOh

LocalFiveOh iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am interested in getting a projector for doing presentations. What kind are you using with yours? Would you recommend it?
  8. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,802 / 1
    I'm probably wasting my time, since the OP hasn't been back; but in case anyone else is interested I stumbled on a workaround for this problem.

What you do is open another app with a display that you want. A black picture in Photos would work, or if you want something a little more aesthetic you could substitute any non-distracting photo. Open the desired photo full screen before you launch Keynote.

Now, whenever you want to blank your screen during the presentation use the four finger swipe to go back to the Photos app. Ta da, a black screen. Swipe back to Keynote of continue the presentation. The transition is ugly, jumps around a bit, but it works.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Kricke

Kricke iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Thanks, nice workaround.

And, you are not wasting your time.

Knut
  10. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,802 / 1
    You're welcome. Glad to know it helped someone.