What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thought maybe there a way of integrating Numerics and alphas together on the same keyboard. A BIG DISAPOINTMENT! Room for smiley faces and predictive text but no numerals?

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't even get predictive text !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Reaction score
The TouchPal keyboard in the App Store has some punctuation / numerics on it and could be an option for you.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't even get predictive text !

It was turned on by default after the update. It can be enabled or disabled in Settings - General - Keyboard, as suggested by smalltowngirl.

If it's enabled there, but still not working, you might have turned it off on the keyboard itself. Tap and hold the button next to the space key - usually with a globe on it, or showing an emoji, in case you use this keyboard as well. A rectangle will appear, showing all the keyboards you use, and on top of all this Predictive, with the button to enable/disable it.
5u6e8a7e.jpg

OP
Ibill

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tried Touchpal. Has its own quirks. My biggest beef with the keyboard gets down to when you put a space between numbers it jumps back to the alpha keyboard. So you are back and forth to complete your task. I can't even fathom why the made it like that. Just let me do my number thing then, I WILL DECIDE when to go back to alpha.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks J.A. That did the trick.

Most reactions