What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Only thing I miss about the Galaxy I had for a short time was the keyboard. Numerics were integrated with the alphas. Yes, I have read the keyboard tips but it's still not much improvement. Any chance of Apple making the change?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only thing I miss about the Galaxy I had for a short time was the keyboard. Numerics were integrated with the alphas. Yes, I have read the keyboard tips but it's still not much improvement. Any chance of Apple making the change?

Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for iOS 8. Apple has opened up the ability to use 3d party keyboards and I understand there are several developers hard at work making them.

We just need to keep our fingers crossed that the development includes the iPad, though I don't know why they wouldn't.

So, yes, Apple has changed their minds about keyboards. Hopefully, a developer will invent one that will have the numbers with the alpha characters.

iOS 8 will be so cool! We just gotta wait until the fall...

Marilyn

justcecil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will the iPad 3 be able to use all the new features of IOS 8?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

It's quite likely. The iPad2 is still getting updated to the latest version, so the 3 should carry on getting updates at least until the 2 gets left behind.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Probably not.

All the important iCloud file and extensibility features, the ones that will open up inter app operation and file sharing should be there. These will be core to how iOS 8 works. It would pointless to supply it to the older iPads if they will not these features.

The missing features will mostly likely be few, and based on hardware limitations.

justcecil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I guess it is time to upgrade. Hard decision, desktop or new IPad. Photoshop CC requires top notch graphic card to run 3D functions. iPad adequate for all other online needs.

Most reactions

Latest posts