What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$7 iPad stand.

bruce24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying the Griffin A-Frame stand, but $50 seemed like a lot to spend. I want it as a place to rest the iPad while using it say on the kitchen counter top or by the TV where I could rest it on the sofa, coffee table or end table.

Over the weekend I was dragged to a container store and while I waiting impatiently for the wife to find what she was looking for, I happen to notice these plate stands they have. They have a couple of different types in multiple sizes. For $7 I bought the 5†version of this:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10014412

I added three self adhesive rubber pads I happen to have around the house on the three points the iPad touches, to prevent it from sliding when you touch the screen. Depending on your what type of case you have this might not be necessary.

Works great in both portrait and landscape.

-Bruce..who seems to have gotten cheap after buying his 64GB - 3G iPad.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That looks nicer than the business card holders. I might have to get one or a similar plate holder.....

Drag Bunt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Handheld-Electronics-Holder-Set/dp/B001TAFCPI/ref=sr_1_15?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1280026096&sr=1-15"]inexpensive "plate holder" type stand at Amazon[/ame] has an adjustable angle brace that's vinyl coated. Set of two for $4.99 (plus shipping). 4.5 stars on 5 reviews.

41zs2voyEbL._SS400_.jpg

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use a plate holder too.
Makes me smile when I see some of the expensive offerings available.
What ever works and is acceptable to you is all that's needed. From a slot in a piece of wood to a letter stand.

What I like about mine is that the base is high enough to plug in the connector while in portrait mode and that the back support goes up to the top, preventing vigorous tapping tipping it over.
I seem to press harder when I'm not holding it.

Photo1017

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
wjd333.smugmug.com
I picked up a little wire picture frame stand holder in crafts store - Michaels .
$3.99 and folds flat for portability!
works so great I picked up a second to leave on my desk at work.
And it's hinged so varying angles are easy!
40 & 50$ stands looked nice but seem a crime to pay that much!

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up a little wire picture frame stand holder in crafts store - Michaels .
$3.99 and folds flat for portability!
works so great I picked up a second to leave on my desk at work.
And it's hinged so varying angles are easy!
40 & 50$ stands looked nice but seem a crime to pay that much!

I think those are also used as a china plate display stand... Like our moms and grandmothers used in the china hutch

Most reactions

Latest posts