Just an FYI for IPadForums - Problems with App

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Panama, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Panama

Panama
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have been here for quite a while and like coming here to get help with the iPad, also I am not as versed in applications as most here probably. BUT--

My iPad kept crashing and taking me to my home page ONLY when I was trying to use it in this iPadForums app. It happened a LOT...
    So I thought - delete the app and reload it and maybe it would fix it.
    Now I get a wheel and it just keeps loading and loading and loading.....
    I also got something called a "parse error" and asked about sending a report???
    I did hard reboots and restarts and all that.
    I went to the App Store and reloaded again.
    Still got the same thing, so I looked at the reviews in the App Store....and the reviews are becoming negative with people having the same type problem. Something's wrong I think. So I went to google and opened it from there to tell you....
    I like this place. The people are wonderful. They are very helpful and this place has helped me out of a jam before and provided knowledge that I needed.
    Read the App Store reviews. I am not alone in this and just wanted to let somebody know that could fix it. You are evidently losing some of your subscriber base. I still can't open the app like I do all the others and evidently others are having the crashing problem.
    If I did not know how great of a place you have here and read the reviews and looked at the stars rating - I would have probably moved on. Yours probably already know there are problems but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere... Just FYI - and it is still loading BTW...

2. rasmith1959

rasmith1959
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    The iPadForums app no longer works as expected. They recently switched the software that runs the forum so the reader app doesn't work anymore. If you want to use a similar app then I'd suggest TapaTalk. It works great and as a bonus it works with many more forums.

Tapatalk - Forums & Discussions for Cars, Video Games, Collectibles, Gadgets, News and Other Interests by Quoord Systems
    https://appsto.re/us/CmEws.i

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Ibill

Ibill
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Link takes me to Tapatalk ap with only a star and a half rating. Prior I tried using it. Darn if I could figure it out. Couldn't find most of the forums I belong to. I ended up deleting it.