What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad App store quirky

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I browse the app store and then tap for the info of a certain app when I return to the list page it sometimes reloads the main list like I just opened it. If I have tapped "see more" I have to tap that all over again and sometimes I am way down the list and it's frustrating to have to reload everything. This doesn't seem to happen with my iPhone using that app store UI.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem, so I hope someone has a workaround or can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Tim
Scotland

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I browse the app store and then tap for the info of a certain app when I return to the list page it sometimes reloads the main list like I just opened it. If I have tapped "see more" I have to tap that all over again and sometimes I am way down the list and it's frustrating to have to reload everything. This doesn't seem to happen with my iPhone using that app store UI.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks

Yea does it for me too....kinda annoying

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I have read on this site about this subject, this is one of those quirks of the app store that is well known and has no solution at the moment.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amen! Haven't found the secret yet either as it would seem there isn't one! I don't recall this being an issue with previous iOS version on my iPhone come to think of it-I recall it taking me to the page I was on, not the beginning.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I haven't doen any real tests, so it's only an impression, but I believe if you restart the iPad this behavior improves, at least for a while.

OP
totemynote

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, think I have found a way to avoid this quirkiness of the app store as I posted about here.

It didn't work every single time but did often...
When you look at the detail of a certain app or before you download it, email it to yourself with the "Tell a Friend" feature. Then you can just visit each app directly from each email you've sent yourself. Many times after I did it this way the main list page stayed where it was without reloading to the beginning.

Hope this helps you all as well. I'd like to hear if it did if any feel like telling their experience hear.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts