What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a reminder of 500 MBytes not needed

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who ever upgraded it' iPAD to version 4.2.1 using as most of us Window xp or windows 7 , please note that the all half Giga is stiill sitting there on the Desk top doing nothing.
The name of the file is iPad1,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw
In Windows XP it sits in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPad Software Updates
You can safely delete it since you are already working more then a month with it.

I didn't check for the location in Windows 7 that runs on my desk-top.
Hope some one will put it here as a follow up/

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see the point here... If you need to restore you will need the firmware file again.

In this day and age is half a gigabyte really that much of a big deal?

Michael

Lucryster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who ever upgraded it' iPAD to version 4.2.1 using as most of us Window xp or windows 7 , please note that the all half Giga is stiill sitting there on the Desk top doing nothing.
The name of the file is iPad1,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw
In Windows XP it sits in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPad Software Updates
You can safely delete it since you are already working more then a month with it.

I didn't check for the location in Windows 7 that runs on my desk-top.
Hope some one will put it here as a follow up/

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts