1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

JBed iPad thinks its an iPod

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by kapitan, Feb 8, 2011.

1. kapitan

kapitan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes, that is what's happening with my iPad.... all icon shrunked, key pad is iPod size, icons all spaced out, dock restricted to 4 icons.... blah blah... this happened after upgraded to 4.2.1 and jb with Greenpois0n.... this happened after re-booting and installed with some iphone apps from cydia.

removed all installed iphone apps from Cydia and and it went back to normal... happened one more time, I reset activator to default and resprung and it became normal again....

wondering if iphone apps from cydia is compatible with 4.2.1.... is this happening to anyone?

[​IMG]
  2. Thphilli

Thphilli iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Could be related to Winterboard.
  3. kapitan

kapitan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Winterboard not installed...
  4. bdumes

bdumes iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This just happened to me. The cydia app that caused it to happen was "elert". Glad it was such as easy fix.
  5. kapitan

kapitan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    An update, this effect is still in my iPad... Happens only after a reboot...... remedy is to Respring with SBSettings and its back to normal..... can someone explain the difference with Reboot and Respring......