What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UNTETHERED 4.2.1 Jailbreak Greenpois0n RC5 B4 How To Guide

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you will notice, I did provide suggestions as to what you need to do.

That said, simply put: Piracy is illegal. app sync is ONLY made for pirated apps. There is no other use for it. Simple as that.

jail breaking is not illegal. And to jailbreak, if you were doing it legally, you would never download app sync.

So again - follow my suggestions, it may work for you.

But to my opinion, this is karma's way of saying not to pirate.

Kinghalifax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
andsoitgoes said:
If you will notice, I did provide suggestions as to what you need to do.

That said, simply put: Piracy is illegal. app sync is ONLY made for pirated apps. There is no other use for it. Simple as that.

jail breaking is not illegal. And to jailbreak, if you were doing it legally, you would never download app sync.

So again - follow my suggestions, it may work for you.

But to my opinion, this is karma's way of saying not to pirate.

You do seem a bit bitter...lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

@imbrentjames

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never seen anyone with a jailbroken device have a problem. Ever. EVER. Jailbreaking has been going on for 4 years. If you want more detailed security information, focus on the jailbreak forum here or on a site like ModMyI

Rizqullah - No offense, but are you completely stupid? You're posting on a forum that denounces piracy that a piracy related app has seemingly caused you problems.

If you want help with piracy, and piracy related apps - there are forums for that. This isn't one.

You want some simple tips... try REMOVING it from Cydia. Then respiring/reboot.

If that still doesn't work, a restore might be in your future.

And next time if you want help, just think about what you're asking before you post. Piracy isn't really thought off too highly. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. And just think about that, would you go posting on a Windows tech forums about your pirated version of Office causing problems with your computer?

Okay - sorry to get onto a soapbox here. Just needed to get that off my chest :)

I wasn't meaning to imply that you will get hacked... but as a good practice (and especially since I adhere to high security measures even when perceived as unnecessary for various reasons and experiences) one should be aware that giving access to programs at root and since IP knowledge once jailbroken is easily obtained by an app... it stands to reason that having a unique root password is a minimal change that will pay dividends *should* you add an untrusted source and download a surreptitious app.

In theory one would have to be on your network to utilize this exploit however, I am not familiar with various methods to work around this (or if they even exist for that matter) but I have been at conventions where folks are sharing the WiFi network and would be more than capable of such endeavors.

That stated, jailbreaking done correctly is very beneficial but that's another thread.

Now I'm off *my* soapbox ;)

Kinghalifax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@imbrentjames said:
I wasn't meaning to imply that you will get hacked... but as a good practice (and especially since I adhere to high security measures even when perceived as unnecessary for various reasons and experiences) one should be aware that giving access to programs at root and since IP knowledge once jailbroken is easily obtained by an app... it stands to reason that having a unique root password is a minimal change that will pay dividends *should* you add an untrusted source and download a surreptitious app.

In theory one would have to be on your network to utilize this exploit however, I am not familiar with various methods to work around this (or if they even exist for that matter) but I have been at conventions where folks are sharing the WiFi network and would be more than capable of such endeavors.

That stated, jailbreaking done correctly is very beneficial but that's another thread.

Now I'm off *my* soapbox ;)

Ty very informative

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions