Icon support issues

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by musicman61554, Aug 1, 2012.

1. musicman61554

musicman61554
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ok, I have a new iPad and everything has been great since I JB it. I have infinite folders and gridlock installed and icon support is installed with it. An update for icon support notified me in cydia so I updated. When I did that it resprung and my iPad acted weird (icons smaller, dock disappeared, keyboard looked like it was on an iPhone). So I uninstalled icon support (and sadly infinite folders and gridlock require that so they were uninstalled too) and everything is normal now. So what in the world is causing this? I really like having no limit to folders and placing my folders wherever I want. Just curious if anyone else is having this issue. Thanks guys

2. okkim

okkim
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I also installed the update on my iPhone4s, and after respring I had also strange problems. Some apps wouldn't open at all (for example Facebook) and my iPhone started to respring all the time. On my case the solution was to uninstall iconsupport (which also uninstalled FolderEnhancer and Infinidock, buhuu....) and afterwards installed earlier version of iconsupport.

Now my phone works as it did before update, hope the dev can fix this issue so I can update iconsupport on my phone and iPad2.

3. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If I may recommend - try installing the tweak again. I've got Icon Support running fine on my iPad3. There was just a recent update that fixed a previous update. Rather than me typing it all out, see this picture:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343818995.298235.jpg

I don't know when this update came out, but again, my iPad is running fine. So, try again?

Good luck and please, do let us know how the both of you get on.

Marilyn

4. okkim

okkim
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Marilyn, that was just the update I installed which messed up my phone. Naturally I tried installing it again but didn't help me.

As I was searching for the solution I discovered that not very many people have this problem but after update everything works fine with most of the people. Maybe we who ran this update and are facing issues have some conflicting tweak installed, I don't know.

Thanks Marilyn for the tip anyway, hope it helps with others who have this issue!

5. musicman61554

musicman61554
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yes, thanks Marilyn. I too uninstalled then reinstalled and still had the issue. Its def weird. It was the newest update that did it. When I had 1.7.6.1 it worked fine. Hopefully it all works out. I know some Ipads react differently to programs. The list on the Ultimate Jailbreak is great but some of the ones that should work on the new ipad and 5.1.1 don't for me. These things are picky sometimes. Good stuff!!!!!

6. f4780y

f4780y
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    IconSupport is a fairly fundamental component of many tweaks (anything which changes the springboard will use it). It is unlikely to be the culprit here. Almost everyone who has a jailbreak will have updated this component recently. I have done so on all of my devices and nobody is reporting widespread problems.

It is much more likely that you have another tweak on there which is either designed for iPhone or not compatible with 5.1.1 It's happens often that folks forget what they have recently installed or updated, and fixate on the wrong component for a problem, only later to find it was something else.

I would suggest trying to turn off your tweaks one by one using SBSettings > More > Mobile Substrate Addons. Eventually you should fine the culprit. Alternatively you can remove them from Cydia.

7. musicman61554

musicman61554
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yes I understand f4780y, everything worked great until I updated icon support. I don't have too much installed. Really just gridlock and infinite folders. As soon as I updated it went wacky. I know that installing 1.7.6.1 version works fine. So something is up.

8. f4780y

f4780y
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    What versions of those two tweaks do you have installed?

Also worth noting IconSupport has been updated again.

#8 f4780y, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  9. musicman61554

musicman61554
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I had the newest versions. Thanks for letting me know they updated icon support. I will see if that works.

10. nammi

nammi
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    i have just installed the update for icon support on all my devices (ipad-2, 4s iphone and ipod touch) ... i do not encounter any problem to any of the device afterward .. i opened some of the apps that were mentioned here and they all working fine ..