1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

JB battery life?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by adamh10, Jun 6, 2010.

1. adamh10

adamh10 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just a quick question here. I've jail broken all of my iPhones in the past numerous times for all kinds of reasons, and am thinking about doing so for my iPad as well. The only issue I ever had with my iPhones was that battery life seemed to significantly drop. After a restore to factory OS and settings, it would always be back to normal.

Has anybody noticed a significant drop in battery life on their iPad since jailbreaking?

Like I said, my history with jail breaking iPhones has usually resulted in shorter battery life. I have no warranty violation fears or anything like that because I've had my iPhone serviced after just restoring to original OS - no, they can't tell. Just wondering about battery life :)

Thanks for any info!
  2. r34p3rex

r34p3rex iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope, I've never had this problem either! Maybe its one of the packages you installed from Cydia that was draining your battery
  3. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Still insane battery life here.
  4. Matth3w

Matth3w iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    No problems, but i don't use backgrounder and turn off wifi, Bluetooth when I'm not using them
  5. sweet

sweet iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As matt pointed out, turning off the iPad (and iPhone for that matter) radios is the best way to conserve battery. When I'm at home I turn off the 3g radio and vice versa
  6. FrostyFire

FrostyFire iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Jailbreaking does make certain things run in the background, like if you have SBSettings for example. It doesn't make that big of a noticeable difference on the iPad though. It definitely is noticeable on an iPhone.