What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor battery life on jailbroken iPhone 5

sw339

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry this pertains more to the iPhone that iPad, but hopefully someone knows the answer. I also dont see anywhere on the JB section where you can ask general questions so forgive me if this is the wrong place.

I jailbroke my new iPhone 5 tmobile 2 days ago since it came with 6.1.2 on it. But I am having absolutely abysmal battery life. I can see the thing ticking down practically every minute as I use it. And this is light use, just in settings or sending imessages. When I am on a call it seems to go down like water. While my iPad can sit at 100% for 15 minutes of heavy use this new iPhone acts like a generic android phone as far as battery goes. I have tried various battery tweaks from push to notification centre to iCloud etc. and nothing seems to work. Even in Airplane mode it seems to just deplete so fast. I even disabled diagnostics and sending etc to test. What I am thinking is I want to restore the phone but I am scared that I will lose my ability to re-jailbreak. If I restore the phone through iTunes, will it force me to update or will it restore first then ask me if I want to update to the latest build?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your post to the iPad hacking forum, where it will receive more attention.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry this pertains more to the iPhone that iPad, but hopefully someone knows the answer. I also dont see anywhere on the JB section where you can ask general questions so forgive me if this is the wrong place.

I jailbroke my new iPhone 5 tmobile 2 days ago since it came with 6.1.2 on it. But I am having absolutely abysmal battery life. I can see the thing ticking down practically every minute as I use it. And this is light use, just in settings or sending imessages. When I am on a call it seems to go down like water. While my iPad can sit at 100% for 15 minutes of heavy use this new iPhone acts like a generic android phone as far as battery goes. I have tried various battery tweaks from push to notification centre to iCloud etc. and nothing seems to work. Even in Airplane mode it seems to just deplete so fast. I even disabled diagnostics and sending etc to test. What I am thinking is I want to restore the phone but I am scared that I will lose my ability to re-jailbreak. If I restore the phone through iTunes, will it force me to update or will it restore first then ask me if I want to update to the latest build?

Well, you can't restore the phone - cause that will cause you to have to upgrade to iOS 6.1.3. So, that's out. All I can recommend is to keep turning off various settings and see if that will help. One thing you may want to look at is your various jail break tweaks that are loaded - they may be causing more battery drain (e.g. a lockscreen weather tweak or fancy clock tweak will do serious hits on the battery).

Another thing you might want to try is to take a look through the posts over at our sister forum, iPhoneForums.net. They're the experts over there and I know there is a lot of discussion on battery life.

Sorry to not be of better help.

Marilyn

OP
S

sw339

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks did not realize there was a sister forum, will go there now. Thanks again!

Most reactions

Latest posts