What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 battery life on 6.1.3

pdog44450

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3 and am running 5.1.1. I really want to jailbreak it, but I never saved my SHSH when Apple was signing iOS 5 so now I can't save the files. I tried jailbreaking but I get an error with redsn0w and absinthe. I need to restore it, but can't because I need to update to 6.1.3. I have tried restoring from the iPad itself, but that doesn't help the errors when jailbreaking. I don't know if the battery life will be as good as 5.1.1, which I fear. I have an iPod touch 4G on 6.1.3 and the battery life is TERRIBLE. (I'm not concerned on iOS 6 features, just battery life). What have you noticed the battery life to be compared to 5.1.1? Thanks!

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3 and am running 5.1.1. I really want to jailbreak it, but I never saved my SHSH when Apple was signing iOS 5 so now I can't save the files. I tried jailbreaking but I get an erneeds its redsn0w and absinthe. I need to restore it, but can't because I need to update to 6.1.3. I have tried restoring from the iPad itself, but that doesn't help the errors when jailbreaking. I don't know if the battery life will be as good as 5.1.1, which I fear. I have an iPod touch 4G on 6.1.3 and the battery life is TERRIBLE. (I'm not concerned on iOS 6 features, just battery life). What have you noticed the battery life to be compared to 5.1.1? Thanks!

Unfortunately, you cannot upgrade that iPad to any iOS other than 6.1.3, and that is not jail breakable.

It's very hard to remember how the battery life was (the difference between iOS 5 and 6). But, I do remember it wasn't anything noticeable. What is happening that causes you to think that battery life is terrible? Maybe there are some suggestions we can offer to help you in that...

Given you want to jail break it, but can't on iOS 6.1.3 - can you tell us more what errors you get when you try to jail break it on iOS 5.1.1? Cause that is supposed to be a good iOS to jailbreak. If we can help, then you can just stay at 5.1.1 (at least until iOS 7 is out and jail breakable).

Marilyn

OP
P

pdog44450

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you cannot upgrade that iPad to any iOS other than 6.1.3, and that is not jail breakable.

It's very hard to remember how the battery life was (the difference between iOS 5 and 6). But, I do remember it wasn't anything noticeable. What is happening that causes you to think that battery life is terrible? Maybe there are some suggestions we can offer to help you in that...

Given you want to jail break it, but can't on iOS 6.1.3 - can you tell us more what errors you get when you try to jail break it on iOS 5.1.1? Cause that is supposed to be a good iOS to jailbreak. If we can help, then you can just stay at 5.1.1 (at least until iOS 7 is out and jail breakable).

Marilyn

Thanks for the reply.

The error I get on absinthe is "Recovery completed. If you want to retry jailbreaking, unplug you device and plug it back in."

When I try Redsn0w, it doesn't put my iPad into DFU mode and gives me the error "Service wouldn't start (4234). If I put it into DFU myself, and then I click the "Jailbreak" button, it gives me the error "Incompatible device - This feature is not supported on the iPad 3.

You are correct that I can only update to 6.1.3 because they stopped signing the others so I couldn't jailbreak it anyway, even if I updated. Is there anything I can do? I know a fresh restore from my computer would help the errors, but I can't do that since I have to update to restore and can't save my blobs because iOS 5 is not signed

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to make sure - when you run redsn0w (or Absinthe), you are running it in Administrative mode, yeah? And, your iPad3 is on iOS 5.1.1?

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Battery life is associated with bad packages, particularly pirated ones, from resource demanding packages/themes, and from user settings that has your device constantly refreshing data. If the battery life is indeed bad, calibrate the battery twice or thrice in a row and that should generally fix your problem unless your battery is worn

OP
P

pdog44450

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to make sure - when you run redsn0w (or Absinthe), you are running it in Administrative mode, yeah? And, your iPad3 is on iOS 5.1.1?

Marilyn

Well I have a Mac and am the only user on the computer, so I'd assume that it automatically runs in administrative mode? I will try to run in administrative mod and reply back. And yes, it is on 5.1.1

OP
P

pdog44450

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery life is associated with bad packages, particularly pirated ones, from resource demanding packages/themes, and from user settings that has your device constantly refreshing data. If the battery life is indeed bad, calibrate the battery twice or thrice in a row and that should generally fix your problem unless your battery is worn

I calibrate my battery on 5.1.1 once a month. My iPad is 32GB and I only have a few hundred MB's left and can tell the battery life is deteriorating from that. Maybe if I delete some stuff, then update to 6.1.3 it wouldn't be so bad?

OP
P

pdog44450

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Marilyn

I ran (on a Windows computer) Absinthe 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2, and 2.0.4 and all get the "Recovery completed. If you want to retry jailbreaking, unplug you device and plug it back in." error. I ran the most recent Redsn0w and still get the 4224 error

EDIT: I just erased all content and settings from the iPad settings. I ran Redsn0w and there is a pop-up that says "Jailbreak Succeeded. Jailbreak was successfully installed. Please leave device alone until it reboots on its' own. After Cydia appears, please wait for one final respring to happen. The problem is after the reboot, Cydia never shows up and it never resprings

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts