What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken ipad1 help!

robbieswag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reset my ipad last night through the option in the settings app. When it was finished everything was reset but some cydia apps and the cydia store were still there. They don't work. Safari doesn't work and youtube videos wont play. if it matters I jailbroke my ipad on 5.1.1 with redsn0w and the rocky raccoon method. I figured I should format it agai using iTunes but iTunes AND redsn0w wot detect my ipad, only my computer sees it. PLEASE HELP!

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums. We hope you enjoy your stay with us. Please also take the time to peruse the forum rules here and abide by them as you post throughout the forum.

You should never press on the Reset All Contents and Settings option in Settings. If you want your device wiped clean, either use ILEX RAT outlined here, or, restore using iTunes. Place your device into DFU mode, and restore using iTunes to a fresh copy of iOS 5.1.1, then re-jailbreak using RedSn0w or Absinthe 2.0.4.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Should we go back to the basic ?
Try another usb port, another computer, and/or another cable?

Basics is always a go. If you're using a USB hub, detach the hub if you're plugging it into a hub instead of a port. A friend of mine has actually just experienced the same issue on his iPhone 5 this morning. Conventional methods did not work. Also check that there aren't any particles in your 30-pin slot as your device will not charge/be detected if all contacts are not made.

Most reactions

Latest posts