What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

deleted cydia

rico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys i got help yesterday on updating my ipad1 to 5.1.1 ow it was great but my son has deleted cydia as he said he seen how to get rid of it on youtube , can i reinstall it somehow, i tried to install the jailbreak agai but after it finished cydia was still not there, any help please.

OP
R

rico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cheers mate my lad manual deleted it, ive tried to rest ipad then jailbreak again but stays the same

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To be honest, your best bet is to restore the iPad1 with a fresh iOS 5.1.1 and then re-jail break it again. We don't really know how your son got Cydia off it, and it may make more of a mess to try to get it back. Thus, my suggestion to restore.

To restore, follow the steps in this thread (you can ignore step #2): http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

Oh, and I would make a backup first - so you can put all your settings and data back on when you are done.

Once it's restored, if you wish to re-jail bak the iPad1, I would recommend doing so before putting the backup back on. It'll make for a cleaner (quicker?) jail break.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
R

rico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey i wouldnt know where to start on that page.lol...can i just resart it to the way i got it from new then jailbreak, as there is nothing on it to keep...
do i goto
settings
reset
erase all content and settings.

will that take it back and the i can start again.
thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickey i wouldnt know where to start on that page.lol...can i just resart it to the way i got it from new then jailbreak, as there is nothing on it to keep...
do i goto
settings
reset
erase all content and settings.

will that take it back and the i can start again.
thanks

NO!

You do not want to do anything with the Reset area (in Settings) of a jail broken iPad. It'll just muck it up and you'll will have to restore it anyway. Jail breaking changes certain coding in the Reset area and so it won't work properly.

So, you'll have to restore using that link I gave. But, it's not as hard as it looks, honest! :)

The tutorial (1) walks you through the process of downloading the correct iOS 5 firmware for your iPad, (2) tells you how to put the iPad into DFU mode to install that iOS, then (3) guides you in using iTunes to do the restore. it's a slightly different process than choosing restore in iTunes, but it's essentially the same process. Once you've started the install, it then becomes automatic as iTunes does the work.

Give it a go. We'll be here to answer any questions. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts