What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken iPad stuck in reboot loop after installing WinterBoard

benst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the subject line says, I've just jailbroken my iPad (3G, 32G, iOS 3.2.1), and all was going well until I installed WinterBoard and it asked me to reboot. Now all I see it the white Apple logo for a few seconds then it reboots spontaneously, and this repeats forever.

Is this a know issue?

I assume I'll be able to restore my iPad when I get home and it will work normally again...

DawgBone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Winterboard absolutely sucks.... It makes your IPhone boot up time 3 times longer.... It has no other functionality other than changing the looks of your I-device....

But come to it...it's not optimized for the IPad's resolution.... nor are any of the "skins" that are available....

Stay away from WinterBoard for now.... It's really just for show-offs that want to be different.... But in return, all you get is a buggy device....

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never understood the appeal of winterboard. It doesn't change the look of the device THAT much. Also, its completely unstable on the iPad at this point.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Dont install winterboard on ipad (or anything else)

connect to itunes and hold the home button until itunes detects it on reboot.

OP
B

benst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did that and it's all fixed. Thanks.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Did that and it's all fixed. Thanks.

glad you got it running agian. Make sure you open cydia and check that the main page says in green letters at the very top that it has your SHSH's on file. If there is a button that says make my life easier click it.

Apple will be fixing this PDF exploit for jailbreakme.com jailbreak. It's a major security issue, someone could setup a website that when visited on an iDevice it jailbreaks/installs virus or maleware/spyware.

IPADUSER78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 is stuck on the same thing but the last thing i opened was dreamboard and now it is stuck in dreamboard. I think it was theme that got it stuck in the boot loop after rebooting. I cant restore because i have not backed up the ipad. I backed up my iphone and dont want to restore the ipad even though i can.

PLZ help ASAP!!!

PS: If only there were a way that i could delete the theme files and dreamboard from computer or any other way.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry you are having troubles, IPADUSER78. But, do us a favor? Please do not post another plea an hour after your first one. This is an international forum and many people have not had a chance to look at your initial post - before you posted again. Please give it up to 48 hours for a reply and then, if you've received no answers, then you may post on the same problem again. Posting only an hour after your initial post is rude, will irritate those who read this thread (thus tempt them to not reply) and, lastly - it's against our rules. Thanks for your understanding.

Now - to your question.

Can you get to Cydia at all? Because that's what you want to do - get to Cydia and UNinstall the tweak you last put on the iPad that cause the loop. This should fix you booting errors/problems.

If you can't get to the icon to get to Cydia, can you put the iPad into Safe Mode? Safe Mode will allow the iPad to shut off the Mobile Substrate items that all, more than likely, causing the booting issue. If you can get to Safe Mode, then you can locate/open the Cydia icon, get to Cydia to uninstall that tweak.

If those don't work, by any chance did you install OpenSSH? There are ways to run commands from the PC to the iPad to put it into Safe Mode ... but it's no use describing the process unless you've installed OpenSSH.

Unfortunately, if you can't get to Cydia to uninstall that misbehaving tweak (or tweaks), then you will have to restore. So, try what I've suggested, if you can. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

IPADUSER78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem is that the iPad wont get past the apple logo. I read about a program that runs on Windows and is a file manager called i-FunBox but the program is not reading the ipad. Is there any other way to delete the files?

Thanks,

Most reactions