What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winterboard doesn't work on my Ipad - Boot loop

Fuzedmind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am running my Ipad on 4.2.1, I just got it a week ago. I jailbroke it and installed cydia and everything was fine. I wanted a new theme so I downloaded winterboard, everything went fine with the install and I pressed the reboot button.

Once it starts rebooting, it enters this loop and the apple logo just sits there and never goes away. I am forced to do a full restore. I have tried this a few times and I get the same results every time.

I have heard of winterboard working on the Ipad but I am not sure why it won't work on mine. Maybe I have to do some modification I am not aware of? If anyone can help me that would be great.

kvizzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
your running a tethered ipad.

you have to use redsn0w to boot it up.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to your tethered jailbreak!
As kvizzel says, you need to run redsn0w EVERY TIME YOU REBOOT and select the "just boot tethered for now" option.
The instructions are clearly on the dev-team blog if you read them...

bamfsig45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its really simple, and for an iPad not really terrible. An iPhone however I could see this being a huge issue.

I have redsnow and the IPSW file at the ready on my desktop until a stable untethered is released.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yup Winterboard works well. It's just that not all 4.2 components are themeable yet. E.g the dock...

Most reactions

Latest posts