What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak hardware

eddkahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there any hardware accessories made for a jailbroken iDevice.
Would be kinda cool.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What kind of stuff are you thinking about?

The trouble with making specific hardware is that there is no guarantee the a device can be jailbroken and can stay jailbroken. You can imagine all the returns a hardware manufacturer would get because people "accidentally" upgraded their device to a non-jailbreakable version of IOS. It could also make support quite tricky.

Hardware generally only becomes cost effective at volume, therefore you would need to shift a lot of units and keep the momentum up for it to be reasonably profitable. Jailbreaking is very popular, but I'm not sure there is a killer peripheral which enough people would buy...

A more typical usage scenario is for jailbreaking to enable the use of hardware which is not supported by the iPad. For example, I use my Apple Magic Trackpad quite nicely thanks to JB bluetooth mouse drivers.

Interested to hear what kind of hardware you are envisaging. :D
Cheers.

Most reactions

Latest posts