What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iUSB Port Mini

Usaf262

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to the iUSB Port Mini and I have a few questions. I have a 1 TB Seagate GoFlex Portable Harddrive that I am connecting it to. When I connect it however, none of the folders appear on the ipad or iPhone when I go the designated web URL. The same is true when I use the app as well. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Are there more set up steps I need to accomplish first?

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm new to the iUSB Port Mini and I have a few questions. I have a 1 TB Seagate GoFlex Portable Harddrive that I am connecting it to. When I connect it however, none of the folders appear on the ipad or iPhone when I go the designated web URL. The same is true when I use the app as well. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Are there more set up steps I need to accomplish first?

I'm not an expert but it may be that the small battery inside the iUSBport Mini is insufficient to power up and detect the external USB hard disk. I've heard it only detects USB flash drives or memory cards. Perhaps trying it with a flash drive would be a way to go?

OP
U

Usaf262

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a good idea. I was wondering about that myself as well. It says on the website that it works with USB hard drives though, so I don't know. Also the Harddrive lights up when plugged into it, just as it does when connected to the PC. I will actually be on my way to walmart here shortly to to buy a regular flash drive and I will advice the results.
Thanks for the tip!

Most reactions