What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes Terms & Conditions Crash

Fudnock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried searching everything I could think of to find an answer and can't find any posts, so hopefully this isn't a repeat. If so, point me in the right direction and feel free to delete.

Info: I have an Ipad 1 Jailbroken on 4.3.1 (8G4)

Problem: I am trying to download a couple of apps from the App Store, it goes to the spring board, shows the app and 'waiting' underneath it, asks for Apple ID password, type it in, then another popup comes up with: "iTunes Terms & Conditions Have Changed Before you can proceed you must read & accept the new Terms & Conditions" with cancel and Okay. i click ok, it swaps back into the App store, with a new window over the top of the "featured" area and Loading...... and then crashes back to springboard. Have done a respring, reboot, all to no avail. Anyone able to help me?

oh, and this happens with any app i choose.

drkrish07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here mate...I started a discussion thread in apple support communities and many other forums..no one has any idea...it all started after June 6...after the cloud integration..till June 5 everything was fine for me....

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll bet you both have Action Menu installed? This is the culprit. It is causing iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store to crash whenever a pop-up dialogue box is displayed.

Use sbsettings "Mobile Substrate Addons" menu to temporarily turn off Action Menu. Then accept the terms in iTunes. Then re-enable Action Menu.

I have informed Ryan (the developer) about this and he says it will be fixed in the next update, but there is no harm in you submitting a support incident to him through Cydia as well...

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or, what I did (cause I didn't know about turning off Action Menu) - re-start the iPad in Safe mode, find the App Store app, select to update/download an app, input password, get the EULA pop-up, accept terms, finish update/download and then re-start iPad. Worked like a charm.

Same difference, I know, but may be easier ... ?

As I said, didn't know about the Action Menu problem but was willing to try anything (had visions of having to un-jailbreak in order to "sign" a EULA...).

Thanks, f4780y, for talking to the developer, as I'd realyy like to go to the iBook store...

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, safe mode is always a great solution Marilyn! Thanks for the reminder :)

I only used the other method because thats how I tracked down and confirmed the culprit!

OP
F

Fudnock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your a life saver.I had started on one at a time disabling things in mobile substrate and rebooting, but with all the reboots and everything I'm betting the iPad 22 would have been out by the time I got to action menu

Sent from my iPad using iPF

drkrish07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank u man...you saved me..I was wandering in Internet looking for a solution..
It just worked...I had no idea action menu wil be the culprit...
Thanks mate...you are great....:)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh. I have had a lot of problems with running out of ram. You can watch it in the status bar. I can't run more than like 3 apps, even if they aren't multitasking. I put the ram in the status bar via sbsettings, and you can literally open an app, and watch it go down to like 8mb, the iPad freaks out, and crashes.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts