What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes SYNC to Ipad2

Graylynx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having trouble with the term SYNC itself. To synchronize two lists- in this case between ipad's music and/or videos - should mean to make the two lists match by either adding or deleting individual items. NOT, as Itunes apparently does, by simply deleting the Ipad list and recreating it. A tiresome procedure if you're adding one music track to a library of 3,000items!
So to my question: IS there a way of simply adding one item WITHOUT "SYNCing"?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, my music is on my iPod - once music is in the iTunes library and my iPod is plugged in but not sync, I just open the 'music library' and drag the album of interest over to the left panel and drop it on the 'iPod' device; just that album is copied to the iPod; I'm sure if you open a song list in your iTunes musical library, single selections could be dragged onto the 'iPad2' device - but, give it a try - good luck and please post back if not successful! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know why you think the iPad deletes everything and re-adds it. When I add a few tracks to a playlist or iTunes, I clearly see the progress in iTunes showing it adding just those few tracks to the iPad. The only time it deletes everything first is if you for some reason uncheck something in settings, then select it again after.

Most reactions

Latest posts