1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Music won't download onto iPad2 from iTunes on PC

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by cbertrand, Mar 19, 2013.

1. cbertrand

cbertrand iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I sync my iPad with my PC, the music in my iTunes library looks like it's downloading, and it shows up on my iPad, but almost everything is grayed out and won't play, and the "storage" usage for music does not reflect the 11.7 GB of music in iTunes; it only shows 1.4 GB. To add to the confusion, a few (very few) of the songs are downloaded, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason why those few will download and the rest won't. If I enable Home Sharing, the music is no longer grayed out, but it's not actually downloaded into my iPad; it's streaming, apparently, so if I leave the house, no more music. I have an iPhone and a couple of iPods that download correctly from the same iTunes library. I just simply cannot get the iPad to actually download the music. Any ideas?
  2. dianne137

dianne137 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    I have the same problem on my ipad3.My niece in Calgary loaded my new ipad with a ton of road trip music through the air off of her Mac.The Mac store said I have to go back from the coast to her place to enable it to be taken off my ipad with her Mac.They said there was no other way to get rid of all that grey music list that won't play.My problem as well is we don't know why some music loaded and not others when it all was downloaded at the same time?