What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes sign in problem.

Hockymom38

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My brother has an iPad with the original OS. The computer he synced it with is no longer available. We synced it with my MacBook Pro so that we could update his OS. Now when he tries to sign into iTunes he is asked to sign in with my user name and password. Also gets the original computer owners sign-on name. How can we have his account be recognized and nobody else's?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Create a separate user on the computer for your brother. Have him sign in and use iTunes from there. This will keep his iTunes library and account settings separate from yours.

It will probable take some fiddling to get the info on the iPad back to what it should be. Every iStore and several places in Settings have separate iTunes Store (or iCloud) sign ins. If working through them all doesn't do the job it may be necessary to restore the iPad.

Any apps that ended on his iPad or yours from the others account will not update once the proper accounts are on each iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts