iTunes podcast and iPad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Lutabell, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Lutabell

Lutabell
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I am trying to download my iTune podcasts to an iPad. I keep getting an "unknown error OxE800003D" No one knows what that means. Took my iPad into Best Buy, an Apple store, and young man worked on iPad with me, wrote instructions down, and it still won't transfer. What is this error message and what does it mean. I am ready to throw this iPad in the garbage...after I smash it to pieces! I hate the damn thing already! Thanks in advance.

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Does the same error occur with all podcasts? Try downloading one you haven't tried before just to see if it will download.

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    What podcast app are you using in the iPad? Podcasts no longer play in iTunes (now Music) on the iPad.

Apple’s podcast app is called Podcasts (of course). There are several others.

If you are using Apple’s podcast app, how are you trying to download them. In the podcast app, or through the computer?

4. Lutabell

Lutabell
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I get the error message before I can do anything and I can't continue. I am really sick of this after spending 30 minutes with an "expert" at Best Buy today. No one knows what the error message "unknown error OxE80002D" means. I am getting really angry at Apple for not knowing their stuff.

5. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I’m sorry, but I still don’t know what it is you are trying to do when you get the error code; from a computer, from the Podcast app, or whatever.

All said, I’m not an expert, so I probably won’t be able to help either, but I need a detailed explanation of the steps you are taking on what device and using what app(s). There a several ways you could be attempting to download podcasts, and until I know what method you are using, I can’t even guess what might be going wrong.

I don’t know, or particularly care about what most error messages mean. Much of the time the explanatory text (if you can find it) is obscure, meaningless to anyone who didn’t write it. I care about what you are doing, so that I can guess at the things the can go wrong. Often the fix has nothing to do with the error message anyway. It usually just ‘do this instead’.

Most of the time, I don’t even try to download podcasts outside the app I’m going to use to listen to them. Even when switching apps, I usually configure the new app to subscribe to the podcast or download the episodes from the source again. The only time I’d try to copy a podcast from one app/device to another is if it was no longer available online.

6. Lutabell

Lutabell
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry if I'm not explaining this well. I am trying to move my iTunes podcasts from my PC to my iPad. On my PC I am getting the error message OxE80002D and I can't do anything at all. No one seems to know what that message is. I hate this iPad, rue the day I bought it and would love to smash it to pieces. No one at Apple or Best Buy knows haw to fix it either. Isn't that lovely? I haven't even finished paying off the iPad. Of course there are NO instructions on how to use an iPad. I am very frustrated with all of this and am too old to put up with it. Several hundred dollars for crap. IMO.

7. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Here's where you go to get the official user guide for your iPad. Apple - Support - Manuals
    BTW, is there any reason why you just can't download the podcasts directly to your iPad from the iTunes Store?

8. Lutabell

Lutabell
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I haven't a clue. There is no where to "check" a podcast I want downloaded. Thanx for the Manuals page. Maybe they'll have a clue.

Valerie

9. Lutabell

Lutabell
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I did something and got my iTune, but still no Podcasts. Can we download YouTube on a iPad?

10. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You can’t download YouTube videos unless you have a YouTube Premium subscription.
    As to finding your podcasts, use the search function in the iTunes app on your iPad. Enter the name of the podcast and see if it shows up. If it does you can download any or all of the episodes at no cost.