What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes...Gettting a New Computer

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I am getting a brand new computer and throwing this old boat anchor in the trash. My question is..what do I need to do to get iTunes on my new computer so it is a flawless change and it has all my music, videos, pictures, apps, ect. I have an iPad, iPhone, and an iPod Nano. Is there someplace that has the steps lined out? Thanks

electraglide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My problem was that my originally authorized Windows PC failed suddenly so I had no time to back everying from my iPad2 onto iTunes. I had authorized my laptop as a second computer. Now iTunes refuses to recognise my 'new' computer with its new hard drive. It recognises the lap top but as the lap top has only got an early version of my iTunes library it seems to be insisting that it syncs my iPad2 with what is on the laptop and won't download my iPad's library onto the lap top. It seems to be a 'one way street' i.e. it won't load FROM my iPad only TO my iPad2. Am I missing something here? All the information I have read seems to imply that this is the only direction the data will transfer.

Most reactions

Latest posts