What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes error 3194 !

mnrj94

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive got an ipad 2 running 4.3.5 and i wanted to downgrade it to 4.3 so i can jailbreak it.
Thing is this error code "3194" keeps popping up when i try to restore ...

Ive tried :

Deleting the apple server
Adding the Apple Server
Tried restoring without internet
(Restarted every time)
Ive got the firmware i want to downgrade to.

No luck at all ....

Ipad 2:
Model: MC775B
Version 4.3.5 (8L1)

Any help

Thanks

Hosts File Says -
# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host
74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't downgrade your iPad2 to iOS 4.3.3 to jail break it. Sorry, but you missed that window back in July 2011.

Unless you have saved iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blobs AND have a WiFi-only iPad2, your only option is to go to iOS 5 and wait (hope?) there's a jail break for iOS 5.

Marilyn

Merk13

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, this was old information. The jail breaking community has since updated the jail breaks so that those with GSM iPad2s (the AT&T model) CAN downgrade as long as they have SHSH blobs.

But, you have to create a custom firmware, per this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/44596-official-ipad2-jailbreak-thread.html

Read the whole thing, but my comment above refers to the paragraph titled "My iPad isn't new and I was previously jailbroken. Am I out of luck too?"

I'm also answering over in the thread you referenced, so, in the interest of (1) keeping your specific problem question focused in one thread and (2) not breaking the forum rules about double posting (cause this IS the third place you've posted about your problem, actually) - let's agree to stay in the thread you started.

So, go over here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-forum/59178-argh-need-help-restoring-firmware-4-3-3-pls.html. That's where I'll be.

Thanks.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts